Audi is finally being taken seriously in the United States. It’s about time. How have they done it? They have primarily revitalised their brand image to appeal to the younger market rather than the older generation
The new Audi A5 Sportback is a prime example of how the company are upping their game. As standard you will get an electromechanical parking brake, automatic air conditioning which contains three different zones and a 6.5 inch colour screen on top of numerous amounts of others.
The car contains a 2.0 litre TFSI four cylinder engine which is able to run on petrol. The balance shafts, turbocharger, regulated oil pump, adjustable intake cams and exhaust valve lift system helps deliver a breathtaking performance.
The engine will be mated to Audi’s famous S tronic seven speed transmission gearbox. As expected the car also contains the Quattro all wheel drive system.
In just 6.5 seconds the car will reach 0 – 62 MPH and will also have a top speed of 245 MPH.
For all of that power comes good economical technology helping with the fuel consumption and carbon emissions. Electromechanical steering is a completely new feature to the vehicle, adding to the vehicle’s green technology. When the car is driving along a straight line there is no energy or fuel being used.
Adaptive cruise control is an optional extra as is Audi active lane assist. Road safety is a big deal in the United States at the moment.
Practicality is a big plus within the Audi A5 Sportback. The car can take four people with a decent amount of legroom within.
There is plenty more positive features that we could have discussed, we do believe that the Audi A5 Sportback will be one of the best selling Audi’s in the United States this year.
• A5 Sportback 1.8 TFSI multitronic: $66,900
• A5 Sportback 2.0 TDI multitronic: $68,700
• A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro manual: $80,900
• A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic: $83,200
• A5 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic: $95,900
• A5 Sportback 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic: $100,800
• S5 Sportback 3.0 TFSI S tronic: $135,900
• A5 Coupe 1.8 TFSI multitronic: $66,900
• A5 Coupe 2.0 TDI multitronic: $68,700
• A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI quattro manual: $80,900
• A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic: $83,200
• A5 Coupe 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic: $95,900
• A5 Coupe 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic: $100,800
• S5 Coupe 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic: $135,900